Overview and review of the Rogue Monster Slinger
The Rogue Monster Slinger comes in at $295 and are a great addition to your existing rack to widen the possible exercises you can do. This article was originally published in "which accessory equipment to get for your rogue rack".
What else to consider from Rogue
- Which belt to buy from Rogue
- Which barbell to buy from rogue
- Which rack to buy from Rogue over $1000
- Which rack to buy from Rogue for under $1000
- Which plates to buy from Rogue
- Which strength equipment to buy from Rogue
- Which conditioning equipment to buy from Rogue
- Which Equipment package to buy from Rogue
- Which accessory to get from Rogue
- Which jump rope to get from Rogue
Overview of rogue Monster Slinger
The Rogue Monster Slinger is a cost and space-efficient alternative to upgrading your home gym in your garden, basement or garage with a lat pull down. The Slinger system can be combined with bands to create resistance and will be anchored to the rack. This is done by a pin and pulley system. The specifications of the Monster Slinger are:
2) Slinger Mounting Plates
(2) 6" Cable Pulleys
(1) 1/4" MIL Spec Cable with Rogue made hardware
(1) Monster Attachment Post + Carabiner
(1) Slinger Extension Strap
(1) Slinger Band Sheath
(2) Black Zinc 1" Monster Bolt Assemblies
(2) Rubber Grommets
Also included in the shipment are
2) #0 Orange Monster Bands (15 LB resistance)*
(1) #1 Red Monster Band (30 LB)*
(1) #2 Blue Monster Band (50 LB)*
(1) #3 Green Monster Band (65 LB)*
This is a great addition to your home gym to train your back, triceps, and lats without having the same cost and space requirements as with a lat pull down.
Pros of the Rogue Monster slinger
The setup doesn’t take up a lot of space and is cheap compared to getting full lat pull down.
Cons of the Rogue Monster Slinger
The bands tend to break over time and need to be replaced. The resistance is also not as stable and concentrated as with a normal lat pull with the weight plates.
Alternatives to the Monster Slinger
Alternatives to the Rogue Monster Slinger are
The infinity / Monster lite version
The Infinity and Monster lite versions of the Slinger do the same trick for the respective product lines from Rogue as Monster Slinger for the Monster series.
The monster lat pull-down will give you a seat and sturdier set up to do your lat pulldowns. It can also be used for rowing movements. The resistance will be easier to determine and control but less natural and chaotic.
The crown pull up bar is an alternative to the Slinger if you are mainly interested in strict pull-ups to build grip and upper body strength.
Summary for the Monster Slinger
The Rogue monster Slinger is very versatile in its use cases and very innovative. Compared to the other lat pull-down options it saves space and money. If you want to go really heavy on your rows and lat pulls the monster lat pull down machine might be the better choice.