Stronglifts 5x5 to lose weight ?
So you are looking into doing 5x5 to lose weight ? Keep going. Even If I will describe that the program is not ideal for this purpose, if you like it and you are not active yet, it is more important that you get your ass off the couch. If you were really serious about losing that 40% body fat of yours, try running. That worked best for me.
What is Stronglifts ?
Stronglifts 5x5 is a beginner lifting program in which you train three times a week utilising the squat, bench press, deadlift starting from an empty bar. It is tailored to the needs of beginners who want to get strong and build muscle at the same time. If you are interested in learning more about the program I recommend that you read this Stronglifts 5x5 review.
Does the program work to lose weight ?
For me personally, it did not help me to lose weight. My physique changed to more muscular, but when i stepped on the scale after a year I actually had gained weight. This was also related to me stopping to run. Still, all in all, this program seems not really to be designed to lower weight. If you want to achieve this goal pay attention to your diet and incorporate some circuit work as accessory work.
If you read up about it, think about how physics work and apply a bit of common sense you will soon realize that gaining strength and muscle is related to producing more energy over a shorter period of time. The bigger you are the easier it becomes to move something of equal size. If you do not have a lot of fat, it will be hard for you to activate the necessary energy to lift hard. Therefore Stronglifts is not the best pick to lose weight if this is your main priority. There are reports that it worked, my guess for those is, though, that the general work ethic and lifestyle of these individuals were sub par and the easy structure of 5x5 helped to overcome that.
- Stronglifts for teenagers
- Stronglifts for crossfitters
- Stronglifts for runners
- Stronglifts for powerlifting
- Stronglifts for bulking
- How to bench press for stronglifts
- When to move on from Stronglifts
- What program to do after Stronglifts
- Can you do Stronglifts to get ripped
- Stronglifts 5x5 without a spotter
- How long should I do Stronglifts 5x5
- What to do on off days for stronglifts
- Stop making mistakes with Stronglifts
- Wendler 531 vs Stronglifts 5x5
- What equipment should I use for Stronglifts
- Stronglifts for intermediates
- Stronglifts vs CrossFit
- Stronglifts 5x5 diet
- Squat calculator
- Extensive Stronglifts review