Expert interview on how to reach your fitness goals
Having been in the position to be overweight to the point of having nosebleed based on high blood pressure i might know a thing or two about weight loss. However I only know my personal story and therefore asked John Lark who runs Sphere Fitness in the greater Dublin area and has been around a while in the fitness industry what works for him and his clients. Let me know your thoughts in the comments. I am a client of his and you see John's answers below.
What are the things that actually work for weight loss ?
What are the things which you have seen to work for endurance athletes ?
What are the things you have seen to work for athletes focused on strength ?
Which are trends, in your personal opinion, people should definitely stay away from in most cases ?
What are the people like you have seen who are most likely to reach their goals ?
What are the most common pitfalls people who do not reach their goals fall into ?
What is the funniest / least smart thing you have seen in the fitness industry so far ?
What is the smartest / most impressive thing you have experienced in your career ?
What would your advise to parents with teenagers be ?
Common sense and getting your priorities right will get you to your goals in your time. Do not trust people who want to artificially fast track you on this learning curve and make a profit on your broken back. John runs sphere fitness and makes a living out of getting results for people. He did this for marathon runners and rugby players alike.
Why I trust John from a personal view is because he picks up the vacuum cleaner himself in his gym & puts away the weights for me even though I would do it myself.
From a professional point of view he kept my development in check from a distance as he saw that was the right approach for my personality, kept track of my progress and was there with impactful advice at the right time. His restructuring of my Jim Wendler 5/3/1 experiment will fast track me towards my goals without burning me out. I have not been paid or asked by John to write this post and approached him whether he was interested to appear on my blog for an interview and he agreed.
On the deadlift
- 7 simple ways to gain on the deadlift
- 72 deadlift dynamite quotes which will make you pull more
- Best deadlift dynamite review which will make you pull more
- Can kettlebell swings replace deadlifts?
- Can you use
smolovfor the deadlift?
- Try this deadlift thing to get strong like bull
- Selected quotes from deadlift dynamite that will make you stronger
- Which is harder bench press
- Why are there only 1x5 deadlifts in Stronglifts 5x5
On the squat
- Are you sure about wearing the right shoes for squatting
- Bench press or squat first
- Bench press in a squat rack
- Better breathing makes your squat stronger
- Breathing Squat
- Can kettlebells swings replace squats
- Can you squat and deadlift on the same day
- Challenge, Sore
toda, Strong tomorrow
- Confidential: Get rid of the machines and hire the squat
- Detailed Smolov squat routine review
- Eager to know about wearing the right suit for squatting
- How to perform a back squat for
- How years of quality cossack squats easily help your fitness
- Overcome these sins of the squat
- Squat: How many reps
- Squat: How to improve
- Squat: When to inhale and exhale
- Squat without pads
- Squat Calculator [Free Downloads]
- The Truth squat or lunges?
- Ultimate 30 day squat challenge that
- What squat is best
- Why are there so many squats in Stronglifts 5x5
On the bench press
- 6 common mistakes when you bench press for strength
- An easy guide to bench press like a powerlifter for any age
- Bench press or floor press
- Bench Press or Military Press
- Eliminate these mistakes with the bench press
- How accurate are bench press calculators
- How to bench press 300 pounds or 140kg
- How to bench press for Stronglifts
- How to bench press more weight quick
- How to do the bench press properly
- How to increase your bench press
- The reasons why you need to bench press
- What are bench press boards
- What does the bench press target
- When you should bench press with dumbbells
- Which bench press is best for chest
- Who can bench press 1000 pounds
- Why bench press with bands
- Why bench press with chains
- Why is the bench press so popular
- Why use a bench press shirt